Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Halloween Jukebox: Siouxsie and the Banshees, “Halloween”

So my wife dressed the pumpkin in a silly hat
while it awaits the knife.
It’s just a couple of days away. Friday never comes up so fast as it does when Halloween falls upon it.

My wife brought a very nice pumpkin home that I’ve yet to carve. But I’ve finally begun to unravel the knot in my head that’s stalled my momentum writing The Wrong Kind of Dead. I can’t very well let the blog go dark, either, not with the Greatest Night of the Year upon us. If I’m not promoting the books I’ve already written and published, they don’t sell, and if they don’t sell, I can’t write the third. And Halloween is only two days away. Et cetera. 

So much to do, so little time. I think it will help if we have a little music, and the frenetic pace of Siouxsie and the Banshee’s “Halloween” is apt for more than simply the title of the song. If you’re prone to seizures, though, you might want to avoid this. I’m serious.



No comments:

Post a Comment