Saturday, October 11, 2014

Season of Mists, 2014 Edition

One of my most popular posts last year was “Misty Morning Hop,” which was nothing more than a collection of photos taken in my backyard on a foggy October morning. It captured a mood, though, and I was pleased others were able to enjoy that fine, holy quiet with me.

As it happens, I’m up early on a Saturday morning, and I realize I better grab the camera, because, as with the last time, I’m just one day ahead of a storm that will strip these just-turned leaves.


Not all of the trees have changed yet, but my favorite aspens over in my neighbors’ backyard will go naked nearly one month earlier than usual.









In the above photo, you can see how the fog is rapidly burning off. It was gone altogether before 9 a.m.

The Russian sage bloomed nice and pretty this year.




I felt honored to have this last look. Let it be known for the record that the early post-dawn hours of 11 October 2014 were solemnly beautiful. You had to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment