Friday, January 03, 2020

The Shifting Decor of Our Seasons

It means something; I’m just not sure what yet.


There was a second part of a post I wanted to publish featuring images from last autumn. I may yet assemble and post it out of sheer perversity between now and the end of February. For now, as we begin the long slog through the two most loathed months in the northern hemisphere, I would have us reflect upon this image captured on Veterans Day. Behold the U.S. national ensign planted in the sidewalk in front of a thrift store in the midst of putting Christmas up in one display window while Halloween still squints against the sunlight in the other.
















Something-something, the duality of man and nature, blah-blah-blah, who cares? I thought it was a neat shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment