Wednesday, January 01, 2020

Happy New Year from the Blog

No best-of/worst-of lists. Not yet, anyway. Only gratitude for now.


Twenty-nineteen was a better than average year, even as I failed to finish the so-long-awaited-it’s-forgotten conclusion to my zombie post-apocalypse trilogy. Many changes occurred in my life, largely for the better and putting me on track to be more productive. 

I began going through my 2019 journal today and realized I had a lot of material for blog posts if I put my back into it. I’ll give it my best shot. I have a lot of best-of categories to sort and file, and among them are a few choice single paragraphs on a variety of subjects which can work with minimal adornment. I need to train myself to be more pithy. A short post every day beats a brilliant long-form post every two weeks or more.

I’ve made resolutions, most of them regarding bad habits that need to be left behind in the old year. I’m generally good about honoring my New Year’s promises to myself but I won’t bore you with the details. Suffice it to say I’ve got a really good feeling about this year and here’s hoping you’re the same.



No comments:

Post a Comment