Sunday, July 20, 2014

Hibernating Zombies Awaken Ravenous

Production Begins on The WRONG KIND of DEAD


Ready or not, whoomp, here it is.
As yet another cool, wet week gives way to the relentless July sun, I begin writing the third and last novel in my zombie apocalypse series. I would have started it on Thursday but I got caught up in the surprise release of my second book. I tried to get busy with promotion but came up mostly flat. Looking at my blog posts for last week, I’ve had trouble writing, period. It’s like something got broken over the last couple of weeks. And here I am griping that I didn’t get to do a final read on Grace Among the Dead. 

Enjoy your Sunday. I’ve got to make one and one-half pages into a full chapter by bedtime. The living dead at this point in the saga have been hibernating over the frigid Colorado winter and have awoken crazy hungry. They will fling themselves to pieces coming at you. And then another visitor appears, and in Chapter 2 he will present a message of hope—and a warning.

For Derek and Agnes and Elyssa and Brother Christopher and the whole merry crew, The Wrong Kind of Dead will be a worlds-shattering experience. All of human civilization will hang in the balance of the final conflict. And that’s all I can say about it other than I’m excited to be back in the post-apocalyptic world of Derek Samuel Grace. The “saga” in my series title will no longer be ironic by the time I’m done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment