Sunday, January 31, 2016

January 2016 After-Action Report

It’s hard to believe we’re at the end of the first month of 2016 already. 

I’ve had the best month ever on this blog ever in terms of pageviews. Book sales were decent, better than months past. I cracked 1,100 Twitter followers.

I could also stand for some “manscaping”
once I’m done losing the weight.
There were all of three days this month in which I didn’t do 100 push-ups broken into sets of 20 and 25 reps. My weight loss has stalled out, but I’m getting the hang of fasting. Losing those 10 pounds over the holiday season made a hell of a difference. At 180, still 15 lbs overweight, I have more energy than I’ve known in decades. There can be no abandonment of principle, no turning back. This feels too damn good.

There is still so much more to do. But I’m on my way. Chapter 30 of The Wrong Kind of Dead was finished last night. I’m already at page 266, four pages past the page count for Grace Among the Dead.  I can see this thing topping off at or very close to 400 pages.

I still need to get some podcasts and videos up. I’ve done some experimental shoots with the camera and was pleasantly surprised with the results. This is more progress than I made in all of 2015.

Overall, January 2016 was one for the Win column. That status could change, however, should I fail to build on this month’s accomplishments in February. Everything I do this year has to be the prologue to something better, or it never will get better.


###

No comments:

Post a Comment