Sunday, January 24, 2016

Sunday Sermonette: Guest Speaker, Pastor Friedrich Nietzsche

Pastor Nietzsche’s observation is especially relevant in this U.S. election year, as one finds oneself pressured to choose a side, neither of which recognizes, let alone serves, one’s interests. But everyone is playing the game, and this is how the game is played, and you don’t want to be some weirdo on the wrong side of history (whatever that means) with your own opinion, do you? Heaven forfend! These issues are what all the Kool Kids care about now; you should, too!
From the Friedrich Nietzsche Facebook page.


My line on this is I didn’t choose the Weird Life, the Weird Life chose me. Which makes no sense whatsoever, but it echoes a similarly nonsensical catchphrase from popular culture, so I’ll likely get away with it. As someone who has spent his entire life as a piebald billy goat among the pretty little lambs, I’ve learned to finesse a few things.

No comments:

Post a Comment