Saturday, January 09, 2016

An Off-Day Does Not an Off-Season Make


You git back up on that horse, you!


Oh my God, I might as well give it up already. I missed making a blogpost yesterday. My New Year’s Resolutions are broken [sob]. Screw it, I’ll just get on with my life like I don’t care....


All right, enough. This isn’t Saturday Night Live. We know when we’ve made our punchline.

Why did I miss making that blogpost yesterday? I couldn’t think of anything to write about. I almost missed making this one. I figured I could write about missing blogposts and burps in New Year’s Resolutions at any time, really. Why not let this day go?

Because one has to draw the line somewhere, and the sooner, the better.

Hell, I’m forgoing the 100 push-ups per day I’ve been going great guns at for the last week—because I need a day of recovery for these sore, swole pecs I’m building. Sometimes there are even better reasons for the adjustments.

I got a lot written in The Wrong Kind of Dead, smoking and crackling with characterization and drama like you’ll never see in anyone else’s zombie apocalypse adventures. This book is going to shake the walls and blast people’s doors in. I expect I’ll get haters because this thing will read too much like a real book like real authors used to write. I’ve taken my original premise of “what if Robert A. Heinlein and Harlan Ellison walked into a bar and brainstormed a zombie apocalypse novel” and taken it into dark territory.

Best of all, I’m not writing like either Heinlein or Ellison. God love ‘em both, but I need L. Roy Aiken for this mission. I have full confidence in the man’s abilities to take this where it has to go.

It’s easy to dwell on the one lapse. So easy. I’ve done it. I’m not doing it anymore.

Today is, after all, another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment