Sunday, December 13, 2015

A Horror Writer Looks at Christmas and Finds...Horror

I like my Christmas nice and Christmassy, so I’m not into the Krampus krap that seems to be all the rage among the horror community this time of year. By that same principle, I’d rather not mix Christmas with horror at all. Nothing personal, it’s just me. I simply prefer at least six weeks out of the year when peace on Earth and good will towards Men still mean something.

I only mention this to provide context for the magnitude of my consternation, as I’ve once again suffered an example of how being an author who writes about reanimated corpses that eat people can mess you up regardless. For instance, I saw this on my Twitter feed tonight...
 ...and thought, OH MY GOD, THE SEAS HAVE TURNED TO BLOOD!

Yeah, given the sick narrative I’ve been laying down recently, I can’t say I’m surprised. I should probably take a break for the holidays. But when you’re finally rolling after a long hard slog of sluggish seasons, you don’t want to stop. Besides, I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep. It’s time to wrap this thing up, and put a sweet bow on it while I’m at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment