Friday, May 10, 2013

"Please Don't Leave Your Dead Children Unattended"

Today’s Prime Passage from Bleeding Kansas, Chapter 19, “The Dead People of Wal-Mart” illustrates the need for this:
Panga in hand, I jog down the wide aisle separating the grocery from the dry goods. There are display islands in the middle of this aisle. I’m come to the clothing section and the racks enclose the right side of the aisle like little banyan trees concealing the predators beneath.

A hand claws at me from beneath one of these and I miss a step, my foot coming down on that hand. But that gives the other hand a chance to grab at my boot. It’s a small blue hand, with stubby blue fingers and yet I can feel its death-rigored grip through the leather.

I pull my panga and swing but the child is wrapped around my boot now—a little thing with a yellow ribbon in her hair and the fatty child skin chewed away on one side of her face. An eyestalk hangs eyeless from one socket but the muscles about her jaw are intact and working. Her little baby teeth are bearing down hard on my boot. I lift up my foot and kick at the display in the middle of the aisle. A small ribbon of intestine trails beneath her waist; she has no legs, not even bones.

Her teeth bear down harder.

How on earth will our intrepid hero escape this icky pre-dicky-ment? The answer’s here, from Severed Press!

Related: How to Put Out a Fire on Your Lawn with the Bratty Bastard Who Started It

Also: Fun with an Old Zombie Trope: The Apocalypse Virus


Bleeding Kansas Copyright © 2013, 2014, 2017 by Lawrence Roy Aiken

No comments:

Post a Comment