Tuesday, April 03, 2018

TMI Tuesday Motivational Something or Other

This photo was taken around 2 p.m. on Good Friday. I’m buzzing on two 16-oz. energy drinks, low blood sugar (all of one banana and a tangelo to eat all day), and the ever-increasing pain and swelling occasioned by me sitting on a 56-year-old oversize prostate awaking from the Lidocaine and realizing there are six bloody chunks taken from it on each side for the biopsy I endured two and a half hours ago at the Fort Carson hospital. 






















I’m grinding up the eastern slope about half a mile from the summit of La Veta Pass (9,413 ft; 2,869 m), where I’ll throw down the camera and ride the steep, twisting road down the other side of the Sangre de Cristos with both hands on the wheel, and Led Zep’s “Achilles Last Stand” blasting from the speakers over my head in the Jeep. 

It sounds so heroic now, but at the time I was running a nonstop monologue on myself, “C’mon, Champ, we got this, only __ miles to go and we’re throwing ourselves into bed, maybe we won’t even bother taking off these boots, how ‘bout that, you like that? C’mon, let’s go, this is NOT where it’s gonna end for me....” 

All the same, I find this a very inspirational shot. I have plans for this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment