Sunday, March 11, 2018

Notes on the Current Crisis, Eleven Days into March

Marking the seventh anniversary of a blog I’m still trying to figure out what to do with. 


First, I’d like to say hello to all the new readers from Portugal and Ukraine. Between the landscape photos, the cat pictures, the gruesome zombie fiction excepts, the musings on writing, and the occasional book and movie review, I trust someone has found something they were looking for. 

I honestly don’t mean to be such an all-over-the-place generalist. It’s just how things work out. I don’t do that much to begin with, so whatever it is I do, I like to get it up there. 


Way up there.
















I’m still working on putting together my first podcast. It isn’t as easy for me as simply turning on the microphone and just running my mouth. Strange, because it used to be just that easy to get up and talk back in the day when I was faking my way through Toastmasters.

That was in a faraway time when I actually believed I enjoyed getting up in front of people. I used to think I fed on the energy of my audience, and that’s what make it happen when I was up front emceeing an awards ceremony or bluegrass show, etc. I cringe to think of it now.


How The Beatles got mixed up in this is anyone’s guess.


















The outline is there, though, and the elements are coming together. Soon. Soon....


The Story Bible for my third novel, as it appears taped to the wall. Bringing this back has helped a lot, and proven to be the Big News of the last couple of weeks in regards to getting my series finished.


















A couple of notable things that were notable for being not very notable came up. These were very instructive in terms of blogging and podcasting, namely the once-big awards ceremony of a week ago and...I’m not kidding, I forgot the second thing. The point is that making posts and whatnot of current events simply isn’t worth it anymore, even as basic filler.

It’s fascinating to me how so many things that used to be a big deal are barely worth mentioning now. I like to imagine I’m clever enough to realize that it’s just me. The world has moved on.


“Everything, everyone is hungry and scared.” Whatever you’re feeling now, imagine feeling hungry and scared. My timbers got shivered at “hungry.”


















What’s it moving towards? What will we ever talk about? It’s good to feel a healthy curiosity again. That is, as opposed to the morbid kind, which was de riguer so long it was de facto default for me.


Warmer days, longer days ahead.

















Here’s to what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment