Monday, August 28, 2017

Best of the 2017 Ski-Hi Stampede Parades, Part 2: Best of the High School Marchers

Saying goodbye to Summer 2017 with smiles and style.


I hadn’t realized how many gotta-post good shots I had from those two days. After spending a bit of time sorting these images, I thought it might be best to get the high school marchers out of the way. I have a lot of new local readers who’ll want to see if I got any good shots of their loved ones. Of course, if any want me to take photos of your children down, that’s fine. Just let me know.

We’ll begin with Sargent High School.
















Again, you can tell the difference between Friday and Saturday’s photos by the bright sunlight in Friday’s shots.






Now for the shots I got of the Monte Vista High School Marching Band. First, the sponsor banners:



















Now, for the band proper.





















I have no idea who these ladies are. I like that one good zoom I got in on the one marcher and the rhinestones (or whatever) she had on her face.




















Finally, a photo of the young woman wearing the giant Pirates mascot head. That I couldn’t get a decent shot of her on either day points up the challenges of working with bright light and overcast, and how some subjects are difficult to capture regardless of conditions.







All photography in this post Copyright © 2017 by Lawrence Roy Aiken

No comments:

Post a Comment