Tuesday, February 16, 2016

State of the Apocalypse, Halfway Through the Second Month

We’ve gone from being buried in snow to stretches of days with high temperatures in the 50s and 60sF (10-15C). With the occasional windstorm thrown in, spring appears to have arrived one month early to Colorado Springs. If the long-range forecasts are correct, the nose-numbing deep freeze stuff is behind us.

Aside from the benefit of lowered utility bills, our preternatural spring adds to the urgency of finishing The Wrong Kind of Dead. I’m coming up on the three year anniversary of that fateful e-mail I received from Severed Press and THE SAGA OF THE DEAD SILENCER had a publishing contract.It would be nice to be closer to finishing, if not done outright.

To that end, I’ve devised a plan to bring the entire series together tonally, applying all the lessons I’ve learned in the four years I’ve been banging away at my evolving saga. I’ll be fixing the rookie errors and polishing each book to read consistently with one another, as opposed to segments of a beginning novelist’s learning curve.

If it works, I’ll tell you all about it. Meanwhile....
The view from the picture window two weeks ago today. It’s all gone now. Which means I have to get out and rake the yard. Dammit.


FYI: The next installment I’m running from The Wrong Kind of Dead will be a chapter I’ve posted before. This post puts it in the continuity. In case anyone’s wondering, that is.

I’ll be posting only one chapter per week from here on out, as each of the chapters coming up has action and grue to hold us. Some of those chapters are so good I put them up on the blog immediately upon finishing them. So it’s not deja vu. I’m merely getting it all together.

If you haven’t read the first 70-something pages of my latest zombie apocalypse novel-in-progress, start here and follow the links at the bottom of the page to go chapter by chapter (or partial chapter by partial chapter, in the case of Chapter 5). And, of course, there are the first two books in the series available in Kindle and paperback. 

Just sayin’. I’ve got to get to work.


###

No comments:

Post a Comment