Thursday, March 12, 2020

My Writing Was Already Lit

...and less noisy. Unlike before, however, the sound is steady, even on the most pop-up video-crazy sites. Also, pretty blue light.


I’ve noted before how nothing strains a machine like a typically useless Microsoft 10 “update,” sometimes causing the rig to shut down in self-preservation. My son could hear the fans screaming from across the hall, so, by way of belated Christmas present, he purchased and installed two more fans into my CPU tower. 

Thanks to LED enhancement, the fans glow a nice neon blue and I can see into the inside of my case. It looks like the chill room at a Borg rave.

The 1970s singer-songwriter Cat Stevens released an album called Buddha and the Chocolate Box in 1974. In 2020, it’s Buddha and the Three Terabyte Portable Hard Drive atop the custom computing rig that facilitates my digital output.


The Borg’s actual color scheme is a depressing mix of neon green lines with silver accents and lots of black shadowing. I much prefer this aesthetic.

























The March update is already out. I’m putting off the ultimate test until the weekend. I’m interested in what happens, but not so much to hear four fans driven to their limits, as opposed to two. 

It’s lit. Not pictured: the blinking blue lights at the base of my wi-fi antenna. I’m reminded of the predominantly blue color scheme of my basement office in Colorado Springs where I wrote my first novels. We even called it “the Blue Room.” Now I’m upstairs, and in neon-ish LED.

















Stay tuned. If I write nothing further about it, all went well.

No comments:

Post a Comment