Thursday, November 14, 2019

First Saturday of November in the High Valley

So much to see from one spot along the road.


My wife and I were driving back to Monte from Alamosa when we noticed the sheep south of the highway. My wife suggested I pull over and get some shots. I rarely travel without my little Canon Powershot.

Looking west by southwest at the spur of the San Juans that curls south of Monte Vista. Little lambikins on left.


















Looking east by southeast towards Antonito, La Jara, New Mexico.
















Looking south at all that wool and fleece on the hoof. The ranchers gave them plenty of space. Strange thing is they showed up for that one day and were gone. For all I know someone was renting the pasture while waiting for hay to feed this immense flock.

















Seriously, this was a lot of sheep.
















Tracks west to Monte Vista.

















Eastward to Alamosa, the Sangre de Cristos rising like a foamy wave over the valley floor.
















A zoomed-out perspective of the same view.


















Looking west again, through the sheltering grasses.





















Back across the street, looking north by northeast over the now-cleared hemp fields.


















View of my wife of 29 years, my Jeep of 18 years. ‘Til death do us part. I mean all of us, the Jeep, too.


















“The road goes on forever and the party never ends.” The view headin’ home.


















All photographs Copyright © 2019 by Lawrence Roy Aiken. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment