Sunday, February 24, 2019

Burps in the Road

Inspirational, super-motivational burps! #7 will make you sweat pure vinegar! 


You wouldn’t know it to follow this blog, but I’m actually still quite invested in my Christmas/New Year’s resolutions, with only a week to go in February. 

With everything else in my life going on, e.g., dead furnaces in subzero January cold, pipes frozen the entire length of the house, busted Jeep idler pulleys with mystery drive belt size (what was supposed to fit, didn’t), cracked windshields, et al., I got hung up on telling the tale of how I fell off the wagon in terms of maintaining a daily posting schedule (this wasn’t a resolution, but that I managed 18 days straight of quality posts was quite the Christmas miracle) as well as beer ragers that same night. It was a funny story, but requiring too much exposition to translate said humor to an audience. 

The funniest thing I can relate is learning that I use social media to lurk more than interact. I made the mistake of “waving back” at someone who waved at me on Facebook, and found myself in mortal terror of interacting with someone while half-drunk. I am hardly sociable under optimal conditions. The very idea of interacting while impaired with anyone outside my extremely tight orbit of family and friends absolutely mortifies me.

Of all the things in my life that requires squaring away—and some degree of turning around—that would be the one. I’ve got to develop a working policy towards dealing with people. I was always a somewhat odd, socially autistic duck to start, but all this time alone is really making me dysfunctional.

Whatever issues I have, I’ve always prided myself on being functional.


The bearings within went bad, then exploded out the hard rubber seal. The pulley seized, and the serpentine belt unscrewed the pulley. For all the pieces of metal and rubber flying around under the hood the damage could have been much, much worse.



















Things are going well on the creative front, but they need to go faster. The furnace is working. My Jeep is operational. We’re almost done with February. I need this book out by summer.

It’s just a matter of re-establishing control, which can be done with one simple trick (people hate me with the white-hot fury of a thousand suns for this!):

Don’t give up. 


Green grass and warm, sunny skies will return. Better have something to show for it when they do.
















No comments:

Post a Comment