Monday, December 01, 2014

Thanksgiving Weekend 2014 Roundup

My college football team lost their big rivalry game. If that’s the worst that happens this Thanksgiving Weekend, I’m happy.

I sincerely hope this is the last Thanksgiving I observe in Colorado Springs, because I don’t see how we could possibly top it. It was the first Thanksgiving in which an adult child came to visit—and the one still at home is 18 and in his senior year of high school. This is a continuum of transitions here. If everything works out, I will be in a completely different situation this time next year. 
That pointed lump in the middle is Pikes Peak as seen with max zoom on my Canon PowerShot. Please buy my books so I can afford a proper SLR!


Of course, everything “working out” depends on how well I work. I have to write a third and final book while promoting the first two. I’ve learned the hard way I can’t favor either task over the other. If I’m not tweaking or writing for The Wrong Kind of Dead, I need to blog and tweet like that’s all I do for a living.

It’s all about time management. No time like right now to get my New Year’s Resolutions underway. It really does take me a while to get the momentum going, and I’d like to be doing it like it’s no big deal come 1 January 2015.


One sustained gust of wind bisected this cloud, There was a weird, orangey glow to the sunset the Friday after Thanksgiving.



























She was a beauty.

Meanwhile, I’m grateful for who and what I have. The spirit of Thanksgiving 2014 rides with honor into the mists of memory. If you’re reading this, I’m grateful for you, too. I’ve got a king-hell grim and violent excerpt from The Wrong Kind of Dead to share in a couple of days. Stay tuned. Or subscribe, using that button on left. Whatever works for you.

Christmas is on deck, and in full effect. There is so much to do, and I’m glad for it. Happy December, everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment