Saturday, February 09, 2013

More Music for a Saturday Night Zombie Apocalypse

On Facebook, Pee-wee Herman posted a still of him rescuing the snakes from the burning pet store in Pee-wee’s Big Adventure by way of welcoming the Chinese Year of the Snake. This caused me to think of some of my favorite lines from my favorite hymn, which you’ll hear at approximately 1:26 into this video. I’m not a fan of posting official videos with my songs, but this one in particular is a dark, surreal classic of the form to rival Peter Gabriel’s infamous videos for “Shock the Monkey” and “Sledgehammer.”

In my opinion, “Black Hole Sun” from Soundgarden’s 1994 masterpiece Superunknown is probably the greatest thing they ever did. But you all know I’m a sucker for a Great Rock Anthem. This one is the cri de couer of a man so gone in depression and despair he would take the entire universe out with him if he could. Been there, done that multiple times. What’s not to love? 

Put this one on full screen and crank the audio. It’s from the band’s official YouTube site, and they did this chicken right.

No comments:

Post a Comment