Saturday, February 01, 2020

Twitter Once Again Interviews the Author, Regrets It Immediately

Happy New Month, by the way. This is the first year I’ve seen so many memes complaining about how long January felt. There was definitely something in the air. Now it’s February. Now what?


One of the questions I saw on writers’ Twitter today was to the effect of “Did you feel the same way, too?” about January and I have to say, yeah, it sure did.  January 5 felt light years distant from January 15, and January 15 was a distant memory on January 25. From there it was a long march until the end.

It wasn’t an entirely depressive experience, but certainly a low-energy affair throughout. I didn’t get nearly as much done on The Wrong Kind of Dead as I would have liked. I didn’t entirely stall out, either. Also, I managed to read a big fat 800-page novel while I was at it. I’ve had months go by in which all my reading is done on the Internet, so that’s something.

As in January 2019, I managed to squeeze out 21 posts. Looking through those posts, it turns out I got some stuff done. I’ve just got to light a fire under myself.

Meanwhile, I’ll indulge my cranky side with more Please Please Please Engage Me questions from Twitter:

I’m a ridiculous coffee snob, generally adhering to somewhat exotic African specialty beans and pour-overs. What are you snobby about?

I look down my nose at people who signal their Betty Boosh-wah class status to other Betty Boosh-wahs with exotic stuff they just lurrrrrrrve. 


Your fourth most recent GIF is how readers will react to the next book you publish. What is it?
 Once again, I don’t collect .gifs, so I guess no reaction at all. Heh.


Waffles or pancakes?
 The most sensible question so far. And the answer is…both, soaking luxuriously in hot butter and warm maple syrup, among steaming pucks of ground smoked sausage and chewy, air-fried bacon, on a firm platform of crispy-topped hash browns. Try and stop me. You just gained 25 lbs reading this.


What word do you always misspell? Every single time?

Another good one. For reasons known but to God and (maybe) neuroscience, my fingers cannot type “September” without tripping over themselves. I always get the middle letter “e” and “m” transposed before auto-correct does its magic.

Everyone’s been really great with the “shameless self-promo Saturdays” and writer’s lift calls, so please disregard my suboptimal attitude and, until we meet again, enjoy a view of the best fed feral cats anywhere, the Blue Porch Kitty Committee. And, again, Happy New Month. We’re already halfway to Spring:


If you’ve seen the South Park adult animated series, you may have noted all the patches of snow in the backgrounds. This is what it looks like in Colorado in real life, especially from January through February.






No comments:

Post a Comment