Saturday, January 27, 2018

Holding Down the Fort

Complaining and cat pictures. If this ain’t pure Internet, then I don’t know.


Yesterday I managed to make the opening bumper for my podcast, with music and super-reverbed title announcement. That, and a transitional bumper clip was as far as I got, though. Yeah, I know. I know. I need to tuck in and just do it.

Meanwhile, let’s check in with the local feline population while I talk to myself here.

A cat for every tree. After they take their afternoon kibble they like to play around the poplars.

















This post-Christmas season has been harder than most, though I’m not sure how much of that has to do with the usual post-Christmas letdown blues. One would think that this being an unusually mild winter would have improved my mood. Instead, all I do is look at the clock as the sun sets and cheer a little bit for the extra minute of light we get versus the day before. Mild as it is, I’m done with this winter already. Bring on the long, warm days already.

It’s not just me, either. Lots of people are reporting feeling more irritable, depressed, and unmotivated to do anything. Something in the air? Who knows? It is what it is, and we’ve got to power through it.

Puff is holding a staring contest with...

...Angel, one of the two white cats we used to have around here. We never found out what happened to her sibling Boo. Angel has taken to sitting on the table by the door and looking inside.




















We’re almost through the first month, though, and I have a feeling 2018 is going to be a very different, very transformational year.  Just a feeling, but my guts have rarely steered me wrong.
















Whether these differences and transformations will be for good or ill, of course, depends on how I engage them.

It’s heart-rending to see the outdoor cats looking in at the fire in the wood pellet stove. Nine more cats (our core feral population) added to the five already inside would be untenable, however. Please feel free to drop some funds for kibble in my PayPal at upper right.If I had enough funds, I’d love to trap and spay and neuter all the ones outside. That’s down the road, though.




















For me, the main issue is getting up and engaging, period. So far, the plan is to get this post up and take a long walk outside. When I get back, I need to turn on the microphone, and just see where talking to myself takes me. It seems to have worked well enough here. It’s not as if the words are having trouble coming out. Might as well take advantage.

No comments:

Post a Comment