Monday, June 27, 2016

The Current Crisis, Summed Up on a Long-Lost Sticky Note

Somehow this sticky note my family therapist wrote for me got blown off the wall of my former basement office and lost. I’m guessing it blew into the trash basket underneath my desk. I’m glad I got a photo of it, because it was one of my favorites. The sentiment is very specific to my current circumstance here in this small hotel room with my wife and four cats, but could apply to anyone stuck in a bad job, relationship, living arrangement, etc. Which is to say, everyone you know, and maybe you, too.

It’s an endurance contest, like anything. Don’t let it crack you. Don’t let them see you sweat. Clear a corner of your mind, make a plan, and execute it in silence. You owe no one an explanation, and big speeches are for smirking-stupid villains about to get taken down.

Clear a corner of your mind. If you haven’t done so already, this should be your first item of business. Everything else should become clearer (if not crystal clear) from there. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment