Sunday, September 21, 2014

Time Flies When You Can't Think of Anything to Post

...and I definitely need to slow time down.

Sadly, I limited myself when I decided against talking about topical issues. Not that it’s that sad; at least I’m not adding to the noise du jour. And I have other things to do.

At 11 a.m. on the last day of astronomical summer, it’s 65 degrees and cloudy. I need to put the hardtop back on my Jeep no later than tomorrow. I might do it today. I’ve got to get my ass moving.

Today is the Super Bowl rematch between Denver and Seattle. Denver beefed up both offensive and defensive lines after that fiasco, but did anyone think to sit Peyton Manning down and tell him he needs to hold his damn frame and not get permanently out of alignment over one mistake? That’s what lost them the Super Bowl.

Anyway, it’s worth a look. I’ll make a note to write about my sudden interest in American football after spending entire decades not giving a shit about sports, pro, amateur and otherwise.

For now I have to run upstairs and shower and assemble a plan of action for the week ahead. I’m taking on another temp gig on Wednesday. I’ll be working through the week, all the next week, and most of the week after that.  How my writing will suffer throughout, I can’t say, but it’s got to be better than the molasses pace I’ve got going on now. I have a bipolar productivity syndrome—explosive bursts of pages in one week followed by more weeks where I do nothing more than noodle with what I’ve already written.

Well, bullshit on all that. No time like the present to shake things up. We’ll start with that shower.
There’s a sunny day out there for us somewhere.

###