Thursday, March 06, 2014

Special Guest Blogger: Friedrich Nietzsche!

“The most spiritual men, as the strongest, find their happiness where others would find their destruction: in the labyrinth, in hardness against themselves and others, in experiments. Their joy is self-conquest: asceticism becomes in them nature, need, and instinct. Difficult tasks are a privilege to them; to play with burdens that crush others, a recreation. Knowledge—a form of asceticism. They are the most venerable kind of man: that does not preclude their being the most cheerful and the kindliest. ”


 ―Friedrich Nietzsche, The Anti-Christ

I like that last part. This biggest badasses I ever knew were some of the kindest folk; a belligerent attitude was the sign of a weakling with something to prove.

Alas, I have much to conquer about myself. Overcoming my laziness in regards to doing my exercises and getting serious with my weight-loss is not something I find happiness in, for one thing.

Well, fuck it. It's time we got spiritual with it. Really spiritual, not that New Agey shit. 

Thanks for the good words, Fred. We'll have to have you back sometime.
Better get that spirituality thing going quick, fatty! I can see summer from here!

###