Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Goin’ Dark

I had hoped this would be the weekend I would finish writing Grace Among the Dead. Like I hoped last weekend was. Even the weekend before that. A week ago I posted to Facebook that I was within 48 hour hours. 

I know I look like either a liar or a fool but I really believed that, too. 

So here I am. Tuesday night, 11 March. Still pounding away. I’m at the Evil Mother’s Lair and our hero just rescued a bunch of pretty ladies. Derek still has to do the showdown with the Evil Mother Hisownself at the stables and the corral at the Monster Ranch. In fact, the working title for the chapter, which won’t be labeled in the book, is “Showdown at the Oh Shit! Corral.”

Anyway, that won’t happen tonight. Tomorrow? Dunno. No promises. No more projections or bullshit deadlines or anything. I will write until the writing is done. That’s all.

Here’s offering a virtual prayer to the painterly Blood Angel that my climax is satisfyingly brutal to all fans of the apocalypse genre while setting us up for something even more insane: the third book. For now, I’m on page 244, and miles to go before I sleep. Miles to go before I sleep....
Don’t you just want to eat her up? She’s the official muse for the Final Grudge Match Boss Fight I’m currently writing for Grace Among the Dead. What could possibly go wrong?
Blood Angel. Art Copyright © 2014 by Matt Dixon. Order a signed print of this through the link!

###