Sunday, June 30, 2013

Welcome New Readers!

whoever you are, wherever you are....


I really need to get a grip on this media thing. You’d think I’d be flogging the hell out of my book here, there, and everywhere, but I’ve learned the Great Bukowski wasn’t striking a too-cool-for-school pose when he said he lost all interest in a book once he was finished writing it, that all of his love and attention was tied up writing the next. 

Mind you, it’s not quite that extreme with me—I think I might actually enjoy taking some time to come up with a king-hell campaign (I really have no choice if I’m going to make a living at this). Still, Bleeding Kansas is but the first act of a grand Saga that’s neither saga nor particularly grand if I don’t finish writing it. If I had my way I’d already be writing the third book because I’m so excited for where (I think) everything is going to end up.

Meanwhile, this sleepy little blog has seen an uptick in visitors in the last 24 hours, so it’s only proper to come out, pour some drinks and say hello. 

You’ll note I generally avoid the Complaint of the Day format here. I took a stab at it a couple of times and I ended up feeling like a stupid crank. Worse, a depressed stupid crank. It turns out I have points of view that offend even me. Who knew? 

Sure, some days I’ll have a fit of “observational Tourettes” just because, and you’ll read some seriously opinionated shit here. For the most part, though, I try to focus on the more preferable apocalypses. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: The reason zombie apocalypse stories are so popular is because even an apocalypse in which one scavenges for necessities while pursued by ravenous, flesh-eating cadavers is preferable to the one we’re suffering through now. 

So. Towards a king-hell Bleeding Kansas Awareness campaign. And to organize this space better. Post some content worth reading. This could take a while. Mesmerize yourself watching the hula hoop girl while I get on this....

Must...not...must...get back...to...work....